S(o)uper Bowl 2022: February 10-13
This event, beginning the Thursday before the Super Bowl and culminating on Super Bowl Sunday, is a fun competition between local neighborhoods to collect as much food as they can to restock local pantries at a time when shelves are bare. Each participating neighborhood needs a Captain who can publicize the event and establish a neighborhood collection spot. Items must be counted and delivered to the designated food pantry on Super Bowl Sunday. Winners are announced the following week in conjunction with Cafe Mezzanotte’s Community Partnership night where a portion of proceeds from all sales benefits GNG. Make sure your neighborhood is represented!
Here’s how to get involved:
- Look for your neighborhood on the flyer in the link above. If you don’t see it, chances are no one has signed up. If your neighborhood has signed up, your Captain might be able to use your help. Email us to find out.
If you’ll be leading the collection, here’s what you’ll do:
- Designate a collection point and share the flyer the best way for your neighborhood – neighborhood FB, Nextdoor group, email distribution, flyers or several of these options.
- Collect. We recommend collecting Thursday, February 3rd to Saturday, February 5th to limit the amount of effort needed to monitor and store items. If you’d like to collect earlier than 2/3, that’s fine too.
- Count up the loot, and report it back – each item is worth 1 point.
- Take fun pictures and send them to us.
- Deliver everything to your designated pantry (see below) on February 6th from 11am-1pm. Delivery locations:
Broadneck Neighborhoods deliver to My Brother’s Pantry (MBP).
MBP: feminine hygiene products (pads, tampons), shampoo & conditioner, hand soap, hand sanitizer, body wash, deodorant, toothpaste, dish soap, toilet paper (4 roll packs only please)
On your mark! Get set…
2021 (over 20,500 items collected) Cape McKinsey (25 houses contributing 307 items) & Round Bay & West Severna Park (each contributing over 1500 items)
2020 (over 4500 items collected) Severna Gardens 82 houses contributing 615 items
2019 (over 6000 items collected) Oakleigh Forest (1200 items) & adjusting for size, Severna Gardens with 82 houses contributing 504 items
2018 (Over 8000 items collected) Shipley’s Choice (1100 items) & Park Ridge (34 houses contributing 253 items
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing’s going to get better. It’s not.
Dr. Seuss | The Lorax
Your Contribution Matters
By supporting Good Neighbors Group with your monetary donations you're directly supporting your neighbors in need. Become a one-time or monthly donor today!
Would you like to support Good Neighbors Group with your services or donations? Get in touch to learn how you can help.