The 20th Annual Earth Day Festival!
April 30, 2022
Severna Park High School
60 Robinson Road, Severna Park
Put spring cleaning into real action with a mindset of sustainability and environmental awareness. Take advantage of this one day event to dispose of your unwanted items while benefiting others and doing the least environmental harm, and continue this mindset all year long. Organizations will be present to take these items and answer your questions. Stay tuned for the list of items we will accept at the event. Meanwhile, we will still enjoy traditional booths from Severna Park schools, local organizations, music, food, animals and more! The event will be held outdoors, rain or shine – so start building those good weather thoughts.
- Sharp Dressed Man (men’s suits)
- Bubbe’s Closet (clothing)
- Bountiful Blessings Barn (shoes)
- HOPE For All (kitchen items)
- EPS Recycling (foam)
- Anne Arundel Animal Care and Control (pet items)
- Rise Above Rescue (pet items)
- Refill Goodness (#5 plastics for upcycled)
- Leveling the Playing Field (sports equipment)
- MOMS Organic Market (corks, alkaline batteries, cell phones)
- Anne Arundel and Baltimore City Schools (clothing, prom dresses)
- Chesapeake PC Users Group (cell phones, laptops, tablets)
- Alfred Mensah Charities, Inc. (backpacks and drawstring bags)
- CN Robinson Lighting (fluorescent bulbs)
- Sierra Leone Education Fund (elementary nonfiction, atlases and text books later than 2010)
- UPS Store
- Anne Arundel County Literacy Council (books)
- Kindness Grows Here (broken crayons and spent markers)
- SPHS Green Club (plastic bags)
- Music4More (instruments)
- Orphan Grain Train (sneakers, school supplies)
- Native Plants for Live (garden center pots 1 gal and up)
NOTE: To view last year’s Earth Day Calendar of Events, click/touch the Jump Months below to display all months and years then choose April 2021
Each year for the last 20 years, more than 30 organizations and vendors, including all Severna Park public schools, join together to create this wonderful event that aims to educate and engage the community in a fun and meaningful way. Booths feature interactive activities for children of all ages, as well as materials and information for home owners striving to increase their understanding and make eco-friendly improvements in their homes. Exhibitors include environmental organizations and service providers, animal welfare organizations, recycling and composting exhibitors, and alternative energy specialists. Going green has never been easier or more enjoyable! The Festival also focuses on the well-being of the Earth’s inhabitants with physical and mental wellness offerings. Come explore our eco-marketplace with plants, handmade and up-cycled offerings.
From its beginnings at St. Martin’s in the Field, to its move to Severna Park Middle School 2011-2016, the Severna Park Earth Day Festival continues to grow and is now held at Severna Park High School. Sponsored by Good Neighbors Group and with senior Project Mangers from the Severna Park High School Leadership Program, the Festival is an enjoyable and important community tradition. Be a part of it!
Go Green, Severna Park
Earth Day Festival in Pictures
Earth Day Festival in the News
June 12, 2016 By Brianna Leverty The Severna Park Earth Day Festival Committee headed by Chris Myers welcomed the addition of two high school students to help with the 14th
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing’s going to get better. It’s not.
Dr. Seuss | The Lorax
Your Contribution Matters
By supporting Good Neighbors Group with your monetary donations you're directly supporting your neighbors in need. Become a one-time or monthly donor today!
Would you like to support Good Neighbors Group with your services or donations? Get in touch to learn how you can help.