The 21st Annual Earth Day Festival!
April 29, 2023
Earleigh Heights Volunteer Fire Company,
161 Ritchie Highway, Severna Park
Participating Organizations Accepting Items
- Anne Arundel Animal Care and Control (pet items)
- Anne Arundel Watershed Stewards Academy
- Anne Arundel County Litter Crew
- AAUW (books – adult)
- Annapolis Compost
- Annapolis Green (Corks)
- Asbury Church Assistance Network (school snacks, diapers & pull-ups in large sizes)
- The Big Bean
- Bubbe’s Closet (clothing, baby items)
- Burgers & Bands for Suicide Prevention
- Cafe Mezzanotte
- Chesapeake PC Users Group (cell phones, laptops, tablets)
- Clay Street Community Development Corporation
- Cousins Hauling (metal for recycling)
- Echoes of Nature
- EPS Recycling (block foam and foam containers)
- Flexible Packaging Association
- Folger McKinsey Elementary: Green Club
- Girl Scout Gold Award Project: Oyster Recovery
- Go Melvo Sno-balls
- Good Day’s World
- HOPE For All (kitchen items, boys & mens pants, coats)
- Just In Time Wellness
- Leveling the Playing Field (sports equipment)
- Life of Joy
- Magothy River Association
- Maryland Reentry Resource Center
- Maryland Queen Bee
- Native Plants for Life (pots 1gal & up)
- Naturally In Knots
- Neighborhood Sun
- Noonday Collection (cloth grocery bags)
- Orphan Grain Train (back packs, school supplies, medical equipment, clothing)
- Oak Hill Elementary: Green Team
- Parenting for a Different World
- Power Factor
- Priddy Music Academy
- Rise Above Animal Rescue (pet items)
- Refill Goodness (bread tabs, plastic bottle caps)
- Sasswell: A Healing Arts Venue
- Severna Park Elementary: 1st Grade and Human Relations Committee
- Severna Park High School: Green Club (plastic bags/wrap for recycling) Key Club, Marine Bio Club (snack bags & wrappers for recycling)
- Severn River Association
- SmartFit Kids
- Teachers Association of Anne Arundel County (books – children/YA)
- Unity Gardens
- Jing Ying Institute of Kung Fu & Tai Chi
We are so excited to be holding this year’s Earth Day Festival at the Earleigh Heights Volunteer Fire Company! This location which sees 50-60,000 cars pass per day will help us draw even more attention to important issues around the well-being of people and the planet.
With so many great opportunities to learn, engage with knowledgeable people, have fun, listen to music and eat great food, we hope this one day event will inspire people all year long. Stay tuned for exciting new events at the Festival this year!
Meanwhile, we’ll once again host our Good Neighbors Depot to unload unwanted items with a mind toward sustainability. We’ll have opportunities to recycle, upcycle and donate what you no longer need while helping others. Check back here as we build the list of items we’ll accept at the event.
NOTE: To view past year’s Earth Day Events, use the Jump Months option below, select April and then choose a year (2021/2022)
Each year for the last 20 years, more than 30 organizations and vendors, including all Severna Park public schools, join together to create this wonderful event that aims to educate and engage the community in a fun and meaningful way. Booths feature interactive activities for children of all ages, as well as materials and information for home owners striving to increase their understanding and make eco-friendly improvements in their homes. Exhibitors include environmental organizations and service providers, animal welfare organizations, recycling and composting exhibitors, and alternative energy specialists. Going green has never been easier or more enjoyable! The Festival also focuses on the well-being of the Earth’s inhabitants with physical and mental wellness offerings. Come explore our eco-marketplace with plants, handmade and up-cycled offerings.
From its beginnings at St. Martin’s in the Field, to its move to Severna Park Middle School 2011-2016, the Severna Park Earth Day Festival continues to grow and is now held at Severna Park High School. Sponsored by Good Neighbors Group and with senior Project Mangers from the Severna Park High School Leadership Program, the Festival is an enjoyable and important community tradition. Be a part of it!
Go Green, Severna Park
Earth Day Festival in Pictures
Earth Day Festival in the News
June 12, 2016 By Brianna Leverty The Severna Park Earth Day Festival Committee headed by Chris Myers welcomed the addition of two high school students to help with the 14th
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing’s going to get better. It’s not.
Dr. Seuss | The Lorax
Your Contribution Matters
By supporting Good Neighbors Group with your monetary donations you're directly supporting your neighbors in need. Become a one-time or monthly donor today!
Would you like to support Good Neighbors Group with your services or donations? Get in touch to learn how you can help.